Keep your Artisan Bread Fresh
Whether you buy bread at your local bakery, the farmer’s market or make it yourself, everyone wants to enjoy it after the first slice. The trick to keeping a crusty loaf fresh is to keep the moisture inside while allowing the crust to do its job of protecting the inside. If you leave the cut portion exposed, the bread will dry out. If you put it in a plastic bag, the crust becomes soggy. And never, ever store Artisan bread in the refrigerator as this is the fastest way to a tasteless, stale loaf.
With the BREAD CAP by CapaBunga®, you can extend the life of your favorite bread. The unique design allows the crust to “breathe” and protect the inside while simultaneously keeping the moisture from escaping through the cut portion. You no longer need a large bread box on your counter and you can keep plastic bags out of the landfill with the reusable BREAD CAP. Available in two sizes - one for ciabatta's and smaller loaves and a larger one for boules or large round loaves.
Instructions for use:
- Always begin with a clean BREAD CAP
- Place cut side of bread into one corner of the BREAD CAP - choose size depending on loaf
- Stretch the opposite corner over the bread to seal
- Leave bread on kitchen counter or in cupboard with air circulation
- DO NOT cover in plastic wrap or store in refrigerator
- Before slicing bread again, reheat in 350ºF oven for 10 minutes to recrystallize starch
BREAD CAP fits most Artisan loafs; not for use on baguettes or other “day breads”