Cheese Vault (for Soft Cheese)
- Tired of paying $35+/pound for cheese that you have to throw away because it molded too fast?
- Tired of being met with a stinky cheese odor when you open your fridge?
- Forgetting which cheese you have in the fridge as you threw away the label when you re-wrapped it?
These are some of the many reasons why we invented the Cheese Vault.
The Cheese Vault is a simple and reusable way to store your artisan cheese. Cheese experts agree that the worst possible way to store your cheese is the way we all do it – by wrapping it in plastic wrap. Cheese needs to “breathe” and eliminate excess moisture to maintain its flavor and delay molding just like in a cheese cave. Until now, the only recommended solution for proper cheese storage was to use disposable wrappers or bags.
What is so special about the Cheese Vault?
- Base is designed to wick away excess moisture thereby delaying mold
- Top is designed so any moisture that might collect on the interior lid is directed away from the cheese
- The divider can be used to separate two smaller pieces of cheese, keeping each piece fresh and tasty without mingling flavors (one included in each vault)
- The two ends are polished so the name and date can be written with a ballpoint pen for easy identification then erased and reused.
- Smells from the fridge do not impact the cheese inside, nor do the cheese aromas take over the fridge
- Recommended for firmer cheeses
How to use (It couldn't be simpler)
- Put cheese inside unwrapped
- Identify the name of the cheese and date stored on either of the shorter ends with a medium size ballpoint pen
- Put the lid on top and store in the refrigerator
SPECIFICATIONS & CARE:
- Made of food-grade silicone that imparts no flavors
- Size: 5x5x3.5”
- Weight: 18oz
The Cheese Vault is dishwasher safe however please remove any writing before placing in the dishwasher. If you put the Vault in the dishwasher with writing on it the heat from the dishwasher will permanently brand the side of the Vault by baking the ink into the sides.
Having said that it is dishwasher safe, we prefer to scrub out the little cheese crumbs with a sturdy scrubbing brush (or use a chopstick to remove stubborn crumbs) then use the side of a scrubbing sponge and soapy water to remove any writing on the side. We then allow it to air dry upside down.
Our son and his wife entertain often, almost always using cheese as part of their appetizers. This will work so well for them.
I bought the items for Christmas gift
I thought they would have been a little bigger. Not much can fit into one.
Thanks for your feedback. The dimensions are 6x4x3.5' - the idea is that it's perfect for two pieces of cheese. If you have more leftover cheese to store the Cheese Vaults are stackable.
Gave it as a BD gift and they tell me it's great
I think it’s pricy and waxed paper does just as well
We're sorry you think it's pricy Cynthia - there's 18oz of food grade silicone in every vault so it's an expensive product to make. Our theory is also if artisan cheese costs $40/lb spending $32.95 on a reusable vault makes more sense than all the waste that comes with waxed paper and all the nuggets of cheese that go off in the fridge drawer and stink up the fridge. We appreciate you taking the time to write your review however.